People,

I have been trying to find a solution to this on the net but with no luck:

I want to get a list of file names from a dir and pass the result to a du command eg:

	puts `du file_name`

but if the filename has single quotes or backslashes in it eg:

	puts `du phil'sfile_name`    or:    puts `du phil\sfile_name`

I have replace them with eg:

	puts `du phil\'sfile_name`    or:    puts `du phil\\sfile_name`

I have tried all sorts of combinations with gsub with no success . .

Is there a solution with gsub or something else?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:(0)411-185-652