Thanks.

Is there any case where you will use :: when you have not defined a
class with the same name in the local module?

I was working on a project where I could not access a certain class
within a module without prefixing it with ::, yet I had never (to my
knowledge) redefined it.

(FYI, in a Rails ActiveController, you can catch
::ActiveController::NameOfExceptionClass, but you need the :: ....
weird!)