dylans / gmail.com wrote:

> When I vim a ruby file, it does have the proper colors,

It depends on what colors you like.

> but when I hit
> "Tab", it inserts an actual Tab instead of 2 spaces,

It seems to be a vim problem, but I don'have the vim NG in mind.
Well, I do not do this everyday, you have to set expandtab
:set expandtab
:set shiftwidth=2
I'm not sure of the syntax....
This should be in vim configuration files probably in a ftplugin
directory, this is very complicated but I think that the files
like .vimre .vim in your home directory are taken in account before the
others but I do not remember who overrides who.

But I'm sure it is something like that, in doubt hit the F1 key.