Mark J. Reed wrote:
> Without writing my own alias, is there an easy way to get the class of
> the current object without calling self.class?  I'm trying to call class
> methods from within an instance method, and self.class.method_name is
> just a little verbose for my taste.  I could do type.method_name, but
> that's deprecated and not very clear.  It would be nice if just class
> by itself were understood in context as the method instead of the keyword,
> but since it's not, I'm sort of stuck.  Suggestions?

I think it's a good idea to allow `class' to be called from within
methods if there's a dot after it

   class.some_method  # legal
   class              # illegal, or rather, creates a new class

I also think that `when' should only be reserved when inside a case
statement. There's no need to reserve words in places where they're not
going to be used for that purpose anyway.

Cheers,
Daniel