David Balmain wrote:
> I'm not to sure about this one. Are you by any chance explicitely
> deleting the lock files when your app starts up?

No.

> I've seen a few
> people do that. The only way I can see doc numbers getting out of
> order is if you delete the lock files. Any chance I could look at more
> of your code? Is this for RForum? Perhaps I could check it out of svn.

It is for RForum. You can see the the code here:
http://rforum.andreas-s.net/trac/file/trunk/app/models/search_ferret.rb

My indexing script simply fetches all the posts from the database and
calls Post.search_handler.update(post) for each one. If another process
calls the update method while this script is running, I am getting the
exception. If you need more information to reproduce the problem, please
let me know.

> PS: If you are interested you should join the Ferret mailing list. You
> seem to be doing some more advanced stuff judging from the bugs you're
> finding. ;-)

I didn't know there was a list. I will definetely join it.

Thanks for fixing the other bugs so quickly.

Andreas