kishor.gurtu / gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a script that downloads my web server statistics
> that is stored in an online MS SQL Database to a local database for
> further processing and then deletes the downloaded records (to save
> space online). How do I do this safely so that I don't lose any
> records due to network error - is there some kind of a distibuted
> transaction coordinator that I can use in ruby?

That question is probably better answered in a SQL Server related news
group.  This sounds like a typical application of replication / staging.
SQL Server does provide mechanisms for that.  I'm sure you can even set a
trigger that deletes records after successful replication.  TX
coordination can also be done with SQL Server.  I can't help with the
details but I'm sure you'll find info in BOL (SQL Server Books Online).

Kind regards

    robert