On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 11:43:57AM +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:
> On 12/18/05, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com> wrote:
> \
> > I was wondering what sort of scripts, et cetera, you use to round out
> > your development kit.  I'm primarily a Linux user that makes heavy use
> > of vim and shell file browsing commands (ls and its friends) for
> > development.  I'm looking for ideas for how to fine-tune my patchwork
> > development environment further.
>
> How much more do you need?  Maybe you should be asking about featurs
> you'd like or issues you've run into  and we can offer our
> suggestions.   Vim, standard unix commands, some rakefiles to automate
> building gems, generating and uploading documentation, packaging my
> code, running tests, etc do most of what I need for Ruby.  For
> non-ruby development such as C, I use things like splint and foo(1),
> the latter being this weird little thing I wrote (a ruby util) that I
> doubt would be super useful to anyone.

I don't really have specific needs I want addressed.  To quote myself:
"I'm looking for ideas".  That's all.  A mention of using vim with some
automation scripts sparked my curiosity, as 'twere.  It's the stuff I
haven't yet thought of that I'm hoping to get out of this.

> (1) Foo [ use at your own risk]
> http://www.stonecode.org/blog/?p=30

I'll have a look at that.  Thanks for the link.