On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 15:04:46 -0000, Ross Bamford
<rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:56:16 -0000, Gendag
> <thenews-NON_SPAMMATE / libero.it> wrote:
>
>> I need I help, i need a lib to validate a XML file and to create
>> a DOM tree. I've search in the web but I didn't find anuthing, in truth
>> I've found libxml for tuby but I didn't find any documentation for the
>> API...
>>

> Not that this is much help right now, but I am working on on some basic
> documentation for the current libxml codebase. I'll put it up somewhere
> as an interim measure either today or tomorrow. I'll post a link when
> it's ready.

First cut is up on my site:

	http://roscopeco.co.uk/projects/libxml-ruby/

It's quite basic but it has the all-important 'what methods does it have'
thing about it. It covers the last version released by Trans (I think?),
version 0.3.4-04.04.14.

Please be advised that a few bugs have been found:

	* Problems with the default validation on XML::Parser (DTD/Schema
	  validation should be unaffected)

	* Some small memory leaks across the library

	* Incompatibilities with GCC 4.0

	* Moving nodes between Node/NodeSet operations can cause segfault at
	  Ruby exit.

	* XPointer/XPath range support is buggy.

However I have the critical stuff patched up here and hopefully we'll be
able to get an interim release out very soon.

NOTE:
The URL above is temporary, so if you're reading from archives it'll
probably be a redirect to libxml on rubyforge. We (or I anyway) just
aren't quite sure where that is yet ;))

--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk