On 12/18/05, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com> wrote:
\
> I was wondering what sort of scripts, et cetera, you use to round out
> your development kit.  I'm primarily a Linux user that makes heavy use
> of vim and shell file browsing commands (ls and its friends) for
> development.  I'm looking for ideas for how to fine-tune my patchwork
> development environment further.

How much more do you need?  Maybe you should be asking about featurs
you'd like or issues you've run into  and we can offer our
suggestions.   Vim, standard unix commands, some rakefiles to automate
building gems, generating and uploading documentation, packaging my
code, running tests, etc do most of what I need for Ruby.  For
non-ruby development such as C, I use things like splint and foo(1),
the latter being this weird little thing I wrote (a ruby util) that I
doubt would be super useful to anyone.

I make heavy use of ! in vim and just use the shell directly a lot of
the time no matter what kind of development I am doing.  Most of what
I need is right in vim itself with a little helpful support from
vim-ruby.  Heck, vim even handles generating html versions of your
source for you! :)

(1) Foo [ use at your own risk]
http://www.stonecode.org/blog/?p=30