On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 07:22:50AM +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:
> On 12/18/05, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 04:32:37AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
> > >
> > > (I'm quite happy using vim, Windows file manager, and a handful of
> > > custom Ruby shell scripts and Unix command ports for finding and
> > > manipulating stuff from the command line. If there's something else find
> >
> > Care to share any details?
>
> When I'm on windows the first thing I do is install MSys/MingGW.
> This lets me use cmd.exe and avoid the mess that is cygwin.   MSys
> gives you 'most' of the necessary unix commands, meaning you could
> then hack together scripts using backticks or even platform
> independant scripts with Ruby and that should do the trick.

I guess I should have been more precise in my question:

I was wondering what sort of scripts, et cetera, you use to round out
your development kit.  I'm primarily a Linux user that makes heavy use
of vim and shell file browsing commands (ls and its friends) for
development.  I'm looking for ideas for how to fine-tune my patchwork
development environment further.