On 12/18/05, Chad Perrin <perrin / apotheon.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 04:32:37AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
> >
> > (I'm quite happy using vim, Windows file manager, and a handful of
> > custom Ruby shell scripts and Unix command ports for finding and
> > manipulating stuff from the command line. If there's something else find
>
> Care to share any details?

When I'm on windows the first thing I do is install MSys/MingGW.
This lets me use cmd.exe and avoid the mess that is cygwin.   MSys
gives you 'most' of the necessary unix commands, meaning you could
then hack together scripts using backticks or even platform
independant scripts with Ruby and that should do the trick.

I too use vim on OS X, FreeBSD, a slew of linux distros and windows.
Nice to be able to have the same editor act (mostly) the same way on
so many systems...