On Friday 16 December 2005 10:36 pm, Devin Mullins wrote:
> Adam Sroka wrote:
> > 98 is perhaps the worst OS ever written (Actually, the
> > "perhaps" is not called for.)
>
> I beg to differ. Especially considering the hair I've pulled out
> trying to get my parents' ME system not to kick itself in the
> groin.

Ya know, I beg to differ too. Any GUI that screams with a Pentium
II300 and 32MB, with a couple hundred Meg of disk has something
going for it. If it weren't for Win98's instability and the legal
ramifications of using proprietary software, I'd still be using it.

Luckily, a gigaherz processor with 512 MB Ram and 40GB disk is dirt
cheap, so all modern Linuxes are perfectly runnable on < $600
hardware, especially if you use IceWM instead of KDE or Gnome.

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com
slitt / troubleshooters.com