On Sat, 17 Dec 2005, Larry White wrote:

> I'm trying to use the cgi library to generate some html that will later get
> run through erb.
>
> The problem i'm having is that if i try to use the cgi.text_field method it
> automatically escapes anything passed in as the value. That means an erb
> instruction like "<%= get_a_value_ here %>" gets escaped and erb ignores it.
>
> I looked at the cgi source, but the method that does the work, input(),
> isn't defined in the main file.
>
> I have two questions:
> 1. Where would i find the file where the instance method input is defined?
> 2. Is there an easier way around this than trying to hack the cgi library?

eparklabs will be releasing this in the next few days:

      [ahoward@localhost xx-0.0.0]$ cat a.rb
      require "xx"

      class Table < ::Array
        include XX::XHTML

        def to_xhtml
          xhtml_{
            html_{
              head_{ title_{ "table demo" } }

              h1_(:style => :sweet){ "this is a table " }

              h_{ "<malformed html & open tags if you must" }

              table_(:width => 42, :height => 42){
                each{|row|
                  tr_{ row.each{|cell| td_ cell } }
                }
              }
            }
          }

      table = Table[ %w( 0 1 2 ), %w( a b c ) ]

      puts table.to_xhtml

      [ahoward@localhost xx-0.0.0]$ ruby -I./lib a.rb
      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
        <head>
          <title>table demo</title>
        </head>
        <h1 style='sweet'>this is a table </h1><malformed html & open tags if you must

perhaps i could send you a version offline to test?

-a