Hi, folks! and Dave-san,

I have another opinion about the mail/news mirroring gateway.
If you think I stick on too much to this, just ignore, so I
focus more on ruby programming issue. :-)

Is it possible to keep 'Message-Id' of news article and of
mailing-list message at the same ID? The message mirrored
from news to mailing-list has same ID, but one to opposite
direction has different ID. Any reason?

If someone replies to an article of news server which is
mirrored from mailing-list, the reply message will be mirrored
to the mailing-list again. In this case, my mailer software
could not make a thread tree since 'References' field of the
reply message refers to non-existent ID at the mailing-list
world. (But refers to gateway or news server generated ID.)

Are there any limitation or violation if news server receives
the message which preserve original ID generated by mailer?
Otherwise, the uniqueness of mailer generated Message-ID might
not be trusted?

--
Shusaku <tsyk / yk.rim.or.jp>