> This looks very good.  One question, are there folks working on GTk
> implementations, especially Ruby ??

Gtk has been ported a long time ago to Linux for iPAQ.
I haven't tried to compile ruby/gtk for iPAQ, but guess it shouldn't
be too hard.

> Ultimately the pda would be a receiver/emitter with its machine code locked
> into serialized complex structures, like a cross between perl's Data::Dumper
> structures and a tar-file.

Whooi!

Which reminds me, I have to try Distributed Ruby (DRb) with my iPAQ,
but it is already horribly slow on my main PC that remains perfectly
idle while reaching a sobbing 2 "Hello distributed world!"s per second
(or runs at an estimated 0.1 on my roughly equivalent PC at work...)

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------- http://members.chello.nl/~k.vangelder ---+