On Dec 16, 2005, at 8:17 AM, dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
> So Proc has no knowledge of that
> specialization.  I agree that it should be of a different class.  I've
> been seeing people (including myself) having a hard time keeping all
> of this straight for years.  Not that the users have to be coddled :-)
> but I think there's evidence that it is indeed confusing.

Thanks for the clarifications Dave.  I wonder if some sort of
unification
of all these rules/behaviors is possible.  I'm not sure exactly what I
mean by that, maybe it is just some better documentation, maybe it is
something else...

> There's actually no Kernel#lambda (lambda is a keyword, not a method),

I assume this is so the parser can make special arrangements while
constructing the AST rather then waiting until the code is actually
executed.  I think matz has mentioned changing eval from a method to a
keyword for this reason, no?