This looks very good.  One question, are there folks working on GTk
implementations, especially Ruby ??

I have a pda concept called the ThinMan which went thru various incarnations.
The basis is GNU released hardware designs, enough variety to weather any chip
set crisis-- my first was the Cyrix MediaGX. Its failure cost me mucho $$ :(

Ultimately the pda would be a receiver/emitter with its machine code locked
into serialized complex structures, like a cross between perl's Data::Dumper
structures and a tar-file.

As folks would find they need machine code they would request it thru the ether
and another ThinMan would respond and emit it to them.  Upon receiving the
modules, the "receiver" would then be available to emit the code.  I would be
much happier to see the objects emitted as text rather than bug-prone byte
code.  The machine code - the bulk of the transmissions - would have to be
centrally emitted from a tradional servers w/ GCC cross compilers.

John,

          #  Once the milk goes sour, you cant    #
          #   get the cream back,                 #
          #             you can only make cheese. #
          #                    me                 #