Justin Collins wrote:
> ceedub.industries / gmail.com wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've just been turned on to Ruby and am trying to code a first Ruby
>> CGI.  I've already hit a brick wall.
>>
>> I'm looking to see if there is a method similar to PHP's screen.width()
>> and screen.height() so I can dynamically send different sized pictures
>> depending on the agent's screen resolution.
>>
>> -Christopher
>>

> One way to do this would be to use Javascript's screen.width and
> screen.height to set some hidden input values and then read those with
> the CGI script.
>
> -Justin
>
> .

A more modern approach would be to use an AJAX request to send the
values to the server side. You could do this onload(), and then again
onresize() (Supported by all but Opera.) Of course, if you're using
Javascript you could make most adjustments on the page and avoid the
round trip (Unless the issue *requires* a server side adjustment, like
building a graphic on the fly or something.)