In article <6fd0654b0512151347v3c5558f4ye7546cfe04db61c5 / mail.gmail.com>,
pat eyler  <pat.eyler / gmail.com> wrote:
>On 12/15/05, Patrick Hurley <phurley / gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/15/05, Phil Tomson <ptkwt / aracnet.com> wrote:
>> > We really need an advanced Ruby book now.
>>
>> Shifting the focus of the thread a little bit, but what would your
>> idea table of contents look like in an Advanced Ruby book?
>>

>I can't speak to order either, but I'd love to see a chapter on
>Profiling and Optimizing Ruby.
>

>> Off the top of my head randomly ordered:
>>
>> * Variable Scope
>> * Regular Expressions
>> * Unit Testing
>> * Module
>> * Class
>> * Metaprogramming
>> * Domain Specific Languages
>> * Continuations
>> * Threads and Processes
>> * Extensions
>> * Embedding Ruby

good list.
I'd include a chapter on "Functional Ruby" or "Higher order Ruby"

I'm not sure I'd include Unit Testing as it is covered in "Programming Ruby".

Also an inheritance diagram showing the relationship between Class, Module,
Object, Kernel, etc. would be good.

Phil