--ATYltwmfWCpDp8Ax

* Steve Litt (slitt / earthlink.net) wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 December 2005 10:46 pm, Paul Duncan wrote:
>=20
> >   pabs@halcyon:~/proj/zip> ./find.rb zipcode.db 22003 3
>=20
> So where does one find zipcode.db?

It's generated from the zipcode CSV pasted in a previous email.

That's what the "./import.rb zipcode.{csv,db}" line does; imports the
contents of the CSV into the database.

Incidentally, I also wrote a quick script to calculate the distance
between two zip codes.  It works the same as the others:

  pabs@halcyon:~/proj/zip/zipfind> ./len.rb ./zipcode.db 22003 97405
  3187.72 miles

I packaged all of them up at the following URL:
 =20
  http://pablotron.org/files/zipfind-0.2.tar.gz

Here's the OpenPGP signature for that tarball:

  http://pablotron.org/files/zipfind-0.2.tar.gz.asc

Hope that helps.

> SteveT
>=20
> Steve Litt
> http://www.troubleshooters.com
> slitt / troubleshooters.com

--=20
Paul Duncan <pabs / pablotron.org>        pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/               OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--ATYltwmfWCpDp8Ax