> >       fails
>
> You can apply --with-dbm-type=db1 to configure or ext/dbm/extconf.rb.

Nope. Like I said, DBM_HDR is not accepted in dbm.c

I can submit a patch for that (four lines of C code), should I mail
patches to ruby-dev instead?

> >  - tcltk detection is a mess.
> >
> >    1) ext/tcltklib/extconf.rb has no clue tcl.h and tk.h can be in
> >       e.g. /usr/include/tcl8.2 and thus fails detection. However, it
> >       distinguishes between the accompanying libraries!
> >    2) Adding proper include directory CPPFLAGS before have_header(tcl.h) works
>
> And you can apply --with-tklib=tk8.3,
> --with-tk-include=/usr/include/tk8.3, --with-tcllib=tcl8.3 and
> --with-tcl-include=/usr/include/tcl8.3 to configure or
> ext/tcltklib/extconf.rb

This one works.

Would be nice to autodetect header files when you can already
autodetect the libraries, still.

Note: `./configure --help` does not tell about those options!

Bye,
Kero.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------- http://members.chello.nl/~k.vangelder ---+