Hi --

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Eero Saynatkari wrote:
>
>> unknown wrote:

>>> true true.  hmmm... how is it different here?  you'll have all the
>>> class_methods and all the instance_methods....  and Superclass === self
>>> with
>>> be true...

But self.superclass == SomeModule won't be true, nor will anything
else that reflects the singleness of inheritance.  I guess my feeling
is that since inheritance is single, calling anything non-single
inheritance is more or less definitely going to cause confusion.

>>> i'm sure there must be a catch though...
>>>
>>> can you think of a better name?

I was afraid you'd ask that :-)

>> Well.. #include :)
>> Also, of course, #import, #mix, #combine and #greyskull.
>
> i like mix!
>
> maybe #mixin.  anyone know if there are plans for that?

That's already in very common currency, meaning essentially an
'include' operation (as in, Array mixes in Enumerable, etc.).

I don't know... I think I'm sort of terminologied out, temporarily...
but I'll keep a few brain cells on the case :-)

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net

"Ruby for Rails", forthcoming from Manning Publications, April 2006!