On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Trans wrote:

> I like the fact that this gets around the module method inheritance issue.

right.  what i have is actually

   module Common
   end

   module A
     inlcude Common
   end

   module B
     inlcude Common
   end

and i want to simply say 'include A' or 'include B' and have it work.  it
doesn't, of course, because one cannot factor out class methods in this way
without the self::included hack, which i seem to be writing alot.  at least
this was i can write it once and my module are clear in their intent (to be
mixins).

> This is how #include should work to begin with, but without the extra
> baggage of modules in modules (and if neccessary add an extra "don't
> inheirt" section indicator in order to have every possibility).

100% agreed.

regards.

-a