--s2lX4GznBIrto1wi

* Jacob Fugal (lukfugl / gmail.com) wrote:
> On 12/13/05, Jeff Wood <jeff.darklight / gmail.com> wrote:
> > arxs would work for me ... ( pronounced arcs )
> >

> > Apache, Ruby & x meaning uniX decendant, DBMS.match( /SQL$/ )
> >
> > OSs could be Unix, Linux, os X or any other variant of BSD ....
> > DBMS could be PostgreSQL or MySQL ...
> >
> > whatdya think?
>=20
> Hey, be fair to SQLite!
>=20
> Jacob Fugal

Let's let Ruby decide:

----
class Array
  def map_with_index
    inject([[], 0]) { |r, a| [r[0] << (yield a, r[1]), r[1] + 1] }[0]
  end
  alias :mwi :map_with_index
end

class Acronym
  TERMS =3D [
    %w{Linux OpenBSD FreeBSD NetBSD},
    %w{Apache Lighttpd},
    %w{MySQL PostGreSQL SQLite Firebird},
    %w{PHP/Perl/Python Ruby LISP},
  ]

  def self.make(*args)
    t, fmt =3D args.dup, 'and %s'
    "%s: %s" % [args.map { |s| s[0,1] }.join, (t << fmt % t.pop; t.join(', =
'))]
  end

  def self.all(args =3D [])
    ret =3D []
    if args.size =3D=3D TERMS.size
      ret << make(*(args.mwi { |num, i| TERMS[i][num] }))
    else
      0.upto(TERMS[args.size].size - 1) { |i| ret << all(args << i); args.p=
op }
    end
    ret

puts Acronym.all
----

Excluding non-Ruby languages gives us the following list:

  LAMR: Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Ruby
  LAPR: Linux, Apache, PostGreSQL, and Ruby
  LASR: Linux, Apache, SQLite, and Ruby
  LAFR: Linux, Apache, Firebird, and Ruby
  LLMR: Linux, Lighttpd, MySQL, and Ruby
  LLPR: Linux, Lighttpd, PostGreSQL, and Ruby
  LLSR: Linux, Lighttpd, SQLite, and Ruby
  LLFR: Linux, Lighttpd, Firebird, and Ruby
  OAMR: OpenBSD, Apache, MySQL, and Ruby
  OAPR: OpenBSD, Apache, PostGreSQL, and Ruby
  OASR: OpenBSD, Apache, SQLite, and Ruby
  OAFR: OpenBSD, Apache, Firebird, and Ruby
  OLMR: OpenBSD, Lighttpd, MySQL, and Ruby
  OLPR: OpenBSD, Lighttpd, PostGreSQL, and Ruby
  OLSR: OpenBSD, Lighttpd, SQLite, and Ruby
  OLFR: OpenBSD, Lighttpd, Firebird, and Ruby
  FAMR: FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL, and Ruby
  FAPR: FreeBSD, Apache, PostGreSQL, and Ruby
  FASR: FreeBSD, Apache, SQLite, and Ruby
  FAFR: FreeBSD, Apache, Firebird, and Ruby
  FLMR: FreeBSD, Lighttpd, MySQL, and Ruby
  FLPR: FreeBSD, Lighttpd, PostGreSQL, and Ruby
  FLSR: FreeBSD, Lighttpd, SQLite, and Ruby
  FLFR: FreeBSD, Lighttpd, Firebird, and Ruby
  NAMR: NetBSD, Apache, MySQL, and Ruby
  NAPR: NetBSD, Apache, PostGreSQL, and Ruby
  NASR: NetBSD, Apache, SQLite, and Ruby
  NAFR: NetBSD, Apache, Firebird, and Ruby
  NLMR: NetBSD, Lighttpd, MySQL, and Ruby
  NLPR: NetBSD, Lighttpd, PostGreSQL, and Ruby
  NLSR: NetBSD, Lighttpd, SQLite, and Ruby
  NLFR: NetBSD, Lighttpd, Firebird, and Ruby

Of those, my personal favorites (and, coincidentally, the most juvenile)
seem to be LAMR, LASR, LAFR, FAMR, FAPR, and FASR.

--=20
Paul Duncan <pabs / pablotron.org>        pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/               OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--s2lX4GznBIrto1wi

--s2lX4GznBIrto1wi--

* Jacob Fugal (lukfugl / gmail.com) wrote:
> On 12/13/05, Jeff Wood <jeff.darklight / gmail.com> wrote:
> > arxs would work for me ... ( pronounced arcs )
> >

> > Apache, Ruby & x meaning uniX decendant, DBMS.match( /SQL$/ )
> >
> > OSs could be Unix, Linux, os X or any other variant of BSD ....
> > DBMS could be PostgreSQL or MySQL ...
> >
> > whatdya think?
>=20
> Hey, be fair to SQLite!