Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:17066] RCR: Exception methods (was: Re:  Re: keeping an Exception object alive)"
    on 01/06/30, David Alan Black <dblack / candle.superlink.net> writes:

|OK, I declare it an RCR :-)  And I'd be glad to put it on the wiki if
|no one else does.
|
|Details:

|-- add a new method Exception#message=(aString)
|-- change behavior of Exception#exception so that if the receiver is
|   an Exception (or descendant) object, it returns the receiver whether
|   or not a second argument (message) is specified.  Any such second
|   argument becomes the receiver's message.
|
|(This should take care of the #raise behavior described above.)

I'd like to see them as two separate RCRs.

Question: does "clone" work for the latter?  In other words, do you
need exact same id for these exceptions, or just "equal" exception
objects?  FYI, instance variables and singleton methods are copied by
clone operation.

							matz.