(Straight to the fix:
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1120&release_id=3802 )

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:26:13 -0000, I innocently wrote:

> Please note a small error has been found in the template project
> distributed with Rote...

How innocuous it seemed at first :(

===[CUT]===

release, a maintainence release is now available from Rubyforge FRS and
Gems, numbered version 0.3.0.2. This release fixes the following critical
issues with 0.3.0:

	* Template project / builtin rakefile inoperable
	* Common code inhertance malfunction
	* Base macro filter was an old version
	* Formatting unit test was an old version

These issues were at the root of many problems with 0.3.0, which may have
been masked if you migrated with a custom Rakefile. This mistake was
allowed to happen due to a build-machine misconfiguration which caused a
prior development version of Rote to be tested and packaged. I'd like to
apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

All Rote 0.3.0 users should upgrade, even if their installation has not
exhibited the aforementioned issues.

===[CUT]===

So, anyone who did download 0.3.0 and found it broken, I'm sorry for that.
I hope you'll give it another chance :)

One more (quick) thing - I want to put out a direct plea for some
feedback. I've had some great contributions with Rote and we've put a lot
in, but we're at the point now where we could go several ways. Rather than
just randomly picking features (;)) to put on the todo list, I'd really
love to hear some feedback on what people want from a Rake-based software
doc system. I have set up a user mailing list now at
rote-users / rubyforge.org.

Cheers,
Ross

--
Ross Bamford - rosco / roscopeco.remove.co.uk