On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 10:36:50AM +0900, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> I've got two words for you:  Unit tests.  They were invented to
> address every single issue you just listed (plus some!) and I assure
> you, they work.  You really, really should give them a try.  It will
> be the best gift you ever give yourself, I promise.

It's certainly good policy to use unit tests.  On the other hand, coding
in a manner that is in any way less easy to maintain because you know
that the way you write code will ensure that the problem is taken care
of doesn't address the issue of what happens if someone else, with less
ingrained good habits, comes along and takes over.

Um.  I'm not entirely certain that was coherent.