YANAGAWA Kazuhisa wrote:
> In message <20010623125623.A889 / lorien.net>
> bombadil / wanadoo.es writes:
>
> > On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 07:37:50PM +0900, Michael Neumann wrote:
> > > I didn't get FXRuby (Ruby interface for FOX GUI Toolkit) available from
> > > fxruby.sourceforge.net working on NetBSD 1.5.
> >
> >  I get exactly same problem compiling it in Debian GNU/Linux.
>
> None said nothing here so....
>
> Symbols related on exception is defined in libgcc.a --- statically
> linked library --- thus old libraries compiled by old gcc may be not
> compatible with binaries compiled by newer one.
>
> Rebuild whole program including X may be help.  Of cource it is
> costful so you may want to look around more information.
>
> # ....I can't show a concrete reference but there's such article in
> # a result of google search, Uh, `__vt_9exception libstdc++ NetBSD'.
>

> What about using ldd and nm for looking for which binary contains
> references and `nm libgcc.a' for making sure symbols for exception are
> `defined' and they are mathed with references?

Thanks for the info. It helped me to solve the problem.
I just linked libgcc.a to the library and it worked.

I had to modify the generated Makefile and

1) remove the -O2 option at the beginning in "CFLAGS", so the memory exhausted error
    do not occur anymore.

2) add "-lgcc" to "LIBS"

Regards,

  Michael