Sean Russell wrote:

> On Thursday 28 June 2001 10:07, you wrote:
> > What specifically do you like better about Java's IO library?
>
> Input and Output streams and writers, and the ability to fairly easily chain
> them.
>
> For example, what I *dislike* about Ruby IO is the legacy "modes" in open().
> I'd rather have:
>
>    fin = FileReader.new( "blah" )
>    fout = FileWriter.new( "blah2" )
>
> than
>
>    fin = File.new( "blah" )
>    fout = File.new( "blah2", "w+" )

Yeah... Ya know what I don't like about Ruby?  The class names are too
short.  And there aren't enough of them.  I want a BufferedReader and a
BufferedInputStream and a ByteArrayInputStream and a
LeftThirdToenailClipper too.  It really grates on me that I don't need a
couple of 4-inch-thick books on the desk next to me when I want to get
something simple done.

  -- Mark     <-- feeling curmudgeonly