Hi all,

I agree with Srecko Howard in almost all points,
only don't understand this:

> I was also looking at using Ruby as a teaching tool for OO programming (yes
> I?m an academic if you want to hold it against me).  A few of the features I
> think would be hard to explain to students without a good grounding in OO
> (my feeling and I would have a hell of a time convincing other lecturers,
> "you want to use what?").  I think Java will do nicely for now :)

What features exactly?

As for individuals, yes, that's true: Matz, Larry Wall, Guido
Van Rossum, John Ousterhout and some others have proved that an
individual genius is capable of creating a usable and complex system
like a programming language. As far as I know (I may be mistaken, if
so, please correct me), Matz works  on Ruby and Ruby related things
full-time thanks to goverment grant, and I think this is cool and
great for Ruby to keep moving in the right direction, since this
is the person who has created this language. (A very unexpected
conclusion, isn't it ;-)

The following is slightly offtopic, but ... interesting things happen
in Perl community since the Perl 6 development process has
begun. Perl 6 is a complete rewrite and is a
community effort. I am watching it with growing interest,
because this process is different in spirit from
other open source languages, including Perl.

--
Best regards,
Yuri Leikind

Random signature:
To iterate is human, to recurse, divine.
		-- Robert Heller