On Dec 11, 2005, at 6:36 AM, Wybo Dekker wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Stefan Lang wrote:
>
>>>     puts ERB.new(FOO).result
>>
>> replace above line with:
>>
>>       puts ERB.new(FOO).result(binding)
>
> That helps (although I don't understand it yet, but I'll find out),
> thanks!

ERb templates are resolved in the scope of some "binding".  They have
access to the variables in that binding.  There is a private method
on Object (universally available) called binding(), which just
returns a Binding object for the current scope.  By handing that to
ERb, you can control what it can access.

Hope that helps.

James Edward Gray II