On Thursday 28 June 2001 15:43, Glen Starchman wrote:
> You know what I really like about Makefiles? They are completely
> archaic. It's true... I like having to write inline shell code that
> is quoted weirdly and lines that end with a \. ;-)

I know what you mean - I felt the same way when I started to get to grips
with awk! There's just something quite awesome about the simplicity of
Jamfiles though.

> Points taken, Tony. However, until Matz decides to support Jam for
> the mkmkf.rb stuff I guess it is a moot point for the Ruby
> community at large. Mind you, I am not *for* such a change.

Indeed. It's just food for thought really but your comments are appreciated
even if we agree to disagree.

Tony.
Tony Smith
tony at smee dot org