Yan-Fa Li wrote:
> Jeremy Kemper wrote:

>>Because AR bundles the latest version of the pure-Ruby mysql driver
>>(0.2.6) along with a patch to support 4.1/5.0 servers.  The patch has
>>a bug which breaks compatibility with 3.23/4.0.

>>Or install the mysql-ruby C bindings, which have always worked:
>>  gem install mysql
>>
>>jeremy
>

> On FC4 you may need to type:
>
> sudo gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-lib=/location/of/your/mysqllibs
>
> e.g. sudo gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib64/mysql
>
> on an AMD64 system
>

> Yan

Thanks for your help, but I still didn't get it working.

I have MySQL version 4.1.15 and I have set old_passwords=0 in the MySQL
config file. So the MySQL version should not be a problem here, right?

I installed the gem with the command given above, with the following result:
gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql
Successfully installed mysql-2.7

After this the problem remains. There is a slight difference in the
error message, it is now: "Access denied for user 'members'@'localhost'
to database 'dev_members'", so the error number is missing now.

Any more ideas?

Stephan