Hi all;

I'm still very new to the Ruby world, so parts or all of the following
may be irrelevant.

I'm used to languages or technologies such as XML, XSLT, SVG, CSS, XHTML
etc.
where the the procedure of development of the language/technology is
defined.

For Ruby, the model is not so different: public discussion, some
experts, and one main person (equivalent to the director of the W3C)
overseeing all this who has the last word.

I think the model is good, but may benefit from being well-defined,
black on white, to ensure the flourishing and long life of Ruby.
Some of the aspects to define could include:
Who would would be the successor of Matz in a worst case scenario?
Who does belong to the committee? (vote?)
Should the members of the committee have meetings, teleconferences, or
chats on a regular basis?
What other aspects should the committee take care of, other than the
development of the language?
 (PR/promotion, documentation, implementations, events, etc.)

Tobi

--
Tobias Reif
http://www.pinkjuice.com/myDigitalProfile.htm