    Johann> Is there any way that you can find the source code of a
    Johann> ruby method or class by introspecting it?  In Python, I
    Johann> believe, functions carry around information about the
    Johann> source file and line position at which they were defined.
    Johann> Is there a similar feature in Ruby?

Actually, I would like to see this too.  I've been considering
extending the gemfinder browser to talk emacs, so that I can hit an
"edit" button in the browser and that file will pop up in emacs with
the cursor placed on the selected method.  The ability to get to the
source file and line number for a given method would make this easy.
Since exceptions report source and line numbers, that information is
already stored.  All we need is an nice interface for retrieving that
information.

I would like to see this as an RCR.