> Wait a minute! That doesn't work.
>
> Jim, if I tell it to inlcude 'packages/**/lib/**/*' then it includes
> them but just like that in the gem. It makes no sense. Wouldn't one
> then have to use?
>
>   require 'packages/proj1/lib/proj1/file.rb'
>
> Even using require_paths isn't helpful b/c I have dozens of
> sub-projects. Considering how Gems works I'm pretty sure  that would
> way too inefficent.
>
> Is there are way to tell it how to put them in the gem?

No, but there should be. If you look at my Rakefile for PDF::Writer
(especially, but I think most of them), I do a bit of transformation
on the filenames when I package into .tar.gz. I would *love* to see
the same capabilities added to RubyGems so that I can tell it not only
where to FIND the source files but where to PLACE them in the internal
tarfile. It's not that difficult.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com