On Thursday 08 December 2005 20:10, x1 wrote:
> --just curious, what do you get when running this command:
>
> root# hostname --fqdn

Ok, for others following this thread, the problem was Firestarter.  I had a
specific rule to allow connections from all machines involved, and
firestarter is only on one side.  Going the other way with telnet, and trying
to run the server on the other machine, connections would time out.  I
figured this was strange as Firestarter (if it was the problem) was supposed
to send error packets as I had it configured.

And when firestarter started this particular time, it gave a funky error
message.  So restarting the machine (bringing firestarter up again) caused
the settings to be correctly applied, and voila, happy drb.

-_-