On Friday 09 December 2005 03:17 am, Francois Paul wrote:
> i guess this thread comes to something like:
>
> when in Ruby do as the Rubyists do, or don't if it bugs you.

Yes, and I'd like to thank everyone who gave me their ideas. Most of the ideas
I'll use instantly. A few I might not. I see parallel assignment as less
readable than individual assignment statements.

I really love all the shortcuts Ruby gives you to get things done. And I love
that the shortcuts don't harm encapsulation or other positive code qualities.

For awhile I was trying to get Node.pm to use two iterators with blocks
instead of the traditional callback routines (actually in addition -- I want
to keep all features in Node.pm and Node.py), but there's not a yield_a and
yield_b command, so I couldn't do it with both the entry and exit callbacks,
and having them each fire at the right time is vital.

Once again, thanks everyone -- it was like Ruby Boot Camp.

SteveT

Steve Litt
http://www.troubleshooters.com
slitt / troubleshooters.com