My understanding of 'singleton' methods or 'ad hoc' methods or
'eigenmethods' or classes of each of these came from this post (by
transfire):

> (you can call methods of a module without mixing it in right?)

Yes, if they are "module methods" as opposed to instance methods.
Modules methods, (also called class methods but usually in the context
of class) are singleton methods, or adhoc methods (my new prefered
term). You can tell this by the way they are defined --the name of the
object proceeds the method name in the def statement (eg. 'def
ImageBob.get_blob'). Another way to write them:

  module ImageBlob

    class << self  # opens adhoc context

      def get_blob

T.

So, a class with only 'ad hoc' methods would be an 'ad hoc' class or
singleton, or eigen or static or whatever term you choose.

Hope this helps to get us back on the same page.

--J