Well thats a lot of info so I have to digest on it. I'll post back as
soon as I have a better grasp of your responses... However I do not want
to use Lua for this because I want to learn Ruby...  I don't think its a
problem that the data is in Lua syntax, from what I can see, it doesnt
matter what format the data is in. It seems to be a matter of finding a
pattern and being able to merge the data from two files into one.

For the purpose of being accurate on the smple, I've posted the file on
my site so maybe if you see the actual file I'm working with you'll get
a better idea of what I want.

http://www.muychingon.com/gatherer.txt