Tim Hammerquist <penryu / saiyix.ath.cx> writes:
>Kevin Brown <blargity / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thursday 08 December 2005 01:37, Tim Hammerquist wrote:
>> > This recurring label "CamelCase" (or sometimes "camelCase")
>> > seems to come up a lot, and I can't help thinking "camel" is
>> > a reference to Perl...
>>
>> Why?  CamelCase simply refers to the humps that appear in the
>> middle of words when youUppercaseTheMiddleWord.  At least
>> that's how I've always thought of it.  I don't think anyone's
>> pointing fingers at Perl.  Hell, I came from C++ and my first
>> real Ruby code has all methods named in lowerCamelCase. -_-

>Ah. Now it all makes sense.  Thanks!

Yeah, the term "camelCase" doesn't have anything to do with Perl, and I don't
even think that the style is particularly prevalent in Perl, but I haven't
scanned CPAN to see.  It is, on the other hand, the official preferred style in
Java, used throughout the standard Java class library and by most Java
development shops.  It's also closely associated with Hungarian Notation, which
is prevalent in Microsoft code (that is, code written by them and code written
for their platforms) pretty much irrespective of language (VC++, C#, VB, etc.).