Hi everyone. I'm new to these forums.  I am sysadmin in California and
I'm learning Ruby.  I've been working on an automated web application
testing using WATIR and I really like this language. Its the first one
I've actually contiuned learning after the "hello world" example.

It even made me want to write something on my own outside of work and
here's the basics of the project... I just don't even know where to
start.  I can't seem to be searching for the right terms thus I can't
find modules that would help me out.

-- sorry for the lenght of the post --

I want to merge 2 data txt files together.
- Each file has sections and subsections.
- Each section and subsection has data that may or may not be on both
files.
- The data that is in both files may be slightly different and in this
case I need it to be "magically merged together" if its within certain
arbitrary range
- The data that is in both files that is outside of the range I mention
above needs to be considered "new" data for the resulting file...
- I'm not good with reg expressions but I can learn if that is part of
the solution.

I was going to post 2 samples of the files I want to merge but the post
would have been over 4 pages long! Do you guys think the "needs" I've
posted are enough to point me in the right direction?