On Dec 7, 2005, at 12:07 PM, rubyhacker / gmail.com wrote:

> When does Oniguruma go into Ruby? I thought it
> was "very soon" -- perhaps "already" -- but someone
> said something to make me think it was "later."

I believe the official story is Ruby 2.0.

This is because Matz is concerned about compatibility issues, I
think.  I believe he even offered to consider it sooner, if we could
put together a test suite that showed it wouldn't be too devastating
to legacy scripts.  (That's all from memory.  I could be wrong!)

This is sad, because it really is a heck of a library and I would
love to see it become the norm as soon as possible.

James Edward Gray II