BAT wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>I'm totally new to ruby (and don't have much experience with
>programming at all) and need to implement a program (for school) which
>shows a solution for the nQueensProblem. It should be able to show the
>solutions even if the "chessboard" is bigger than 8x8!
>Can anyone give me some ideas how to get this program done quickly?
>
>best regards Bernhard

Firstly you gain ten points for being honest and telling us that you are
asking us to do your school work.

However you loose all these points and more for not using that
indispensable programming tool...

GOOGLE

Try "n queens problem" and just remember than unless your teacher is a
complete idiot they will have done this too.