Hi --

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, MenTaLguY wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 04:42 +0900, David A. Black wrote:
> > There's got to be more to this than everyone coming up with an adjective
> > that he or she finds apt and using it.
>
> I don't know, man.  Personally at this point I think we should stand
> back and let natural selection do its thing.

Natural selection isn't connected to what we're talking about.  If you
mean we should ignore Matz, or find a way to coerce him into changing his
terminology to match a bunch of Google searches -- while, meanwhile, a lot
of newcomers to Ruby suffer because of how cool people think their names
for singleton classes are --  then I don't think you've got a sound or
respectful plan.

David
__
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net

"Ruby for Rails", forthcoming from Manning Publications, April 2006!