Hi Hampton,

> What I'm asking you guys for is if you have any short code ideas that
> can be programmed *really* quickly in Ruby that might illustrate its
> versatility. Some code example that would be hell to write in other
> languages that would be interesting for an hour long explaination.

My favorite is the well-known quicksort algorithm:

def quicksort(a)
  return a if a.size <= 1
  pivot = a[0]
  quicksort(a.select {|i| i < pivot }) +
            a.select {|i| i == pivot } +
  quicksort(a.select {|i| i > pivot })
end

quicksort is "hell" to write in C or C++ unless you're extremely clever.

Wayne Vucenic
No Bugs Software
"Ruby and C++ Agile Contract Programming in Silicon Valley"