In article <4.1.20010626085655.022d7100 / mail48727.popserver.pop.net>,
Brian Marick <marick / visibleworkings.com> wrote:
>At 01:55 AM 6/26/01 , Aleksei Guzev wrote:
>>Strong typing shortens development of large project involving large
>>stuff.
>Many Lisp and Smalltalk programmers would disagree.

Interestingly enough, I find it much faster to write code in
dynamically typed languages like Lisp (or these days, Ruby of course).
However, for reading other people's code, I find it much easier and
faster to make sense of it if it is written in a clean statically
typed language like Java.  This is especially true for a large
application (e.g. > 100 classes).

I'm not sure why this is, or if I'm just weird, though.

--Mirian