Hi all,
I am a C programmer that is beginning to see the network capaibilities
of Ruby. I am interested in creating a chat application that uses Ruby.
I am a little confused with the distribution of Ruby, though. Is Ruby
strictly scripting? Or can I distribute binaries? The time may come when
I may not want peopel to see my code and simply distribute binaries.
Also, the user may not have Ruby installed and bundling Ruby with the
software would bulk it up a lot. If anyone could help me understand how
Ruby works in terms of distribution/binaries it would be greatly
appreciated.

Jonathan