I am just trying to get some knowledge in Ruby. For this I am playing
with some tutorials.

In the tutorial I have to save some code to a file and load it
afterwards in the irb (with require).

I don't want to mess up the installation, so I am saving all files
under my own special directory E:/User/stk/Programming/Ruby.

Which enviroment variable do I have to use? What shall I do?

There are no comments on this in the installation instructions and in
the faq(s) afaik.

Any help is appreciated. (No, I don't want to make a lot of other
installations to get it done.)
   Stephan.

P.S.: I have installed ruby 1.8.2 with the OneClickInstaller on
RubyForge.