Jim Van Fleet wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 11:14 +0900, James Britt wrote:
>
>>AlexG wrote:
>>I do not think that Mechanize handles frames by default, but you could
>>teach it to grab the frame elements and parse the src attribute, then
>>construct the full  URL.
>>
>>James
>

> Having done a bit of this in the past, there may be quite a bit more to
> it.  You'll notice that the original page claims that your client
> doesn't support frames.  Often, it'll base that decision off what
> user-agent header you're sending in the request.

Doubtful.  I suppose that the content might have been dynamically
generated on the server but my experience with creating frames pages is
to that it is pretty standard to always include a noframes section for
browsers that do not know what to do with frames elements; the noframes
section is simply rendered by default by older browsers, while
frames-enabled browsers know to ignore it.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/frames.html#h-16.4.1

Fetch the frames page in Firefox and do View Source and look at the markup.

For example, this is a frames page:

http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html

It renders fine in FF, which clearly knows how to handle frames, but
you'll notice that the source HTML looks like this:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Web Center Features - SVG - Manual Download</TITLE>
<!-- Use of frames in this way is required to work around a bug on   -->
<!-- Netscape's "SmartUpdate" feature on the Mac, where by default   -->
<!-- the pluginspage attribute on the embed tag causes that browser  -->
<!-- to open a non-scrollable non-resizable window that's too small. -->
</HEAD>
<FRAMESET cols="1,*">
	<FRAME SRC="blank.html" NAME="blank" SCROLLING="NO" FRAMEBORDER="NO">
	<FRAME SRC="mainframed.html" NAME="main" SCROLLING="YES" FRAMEBORDER="NO">
</FRAMESET>
<NOFRAMES>

Your Web browser does not support frames. Please <A
HREF="mainframed.html">click here</A>.
</NOFRAMES>
</HTML>

James